Simple & Safe Baby-Led WeaningHow to Integrate Foods, Master Portion Sizes, and Identify Allergies
Popular book on baby-lead weaning (BLW): when what, and how! For practitioners looking for current evidence-based research on BLW and the 26 favorite natural foods to start with, how to keep food safe and foods to prohibit because of choking risk and how to navigate, recognize, and prevent food allergies or sensitivities.
Parents have asked and Malina has delivered an easy-to-follow, fun-to-read, well-researched guide to baby-led weaning. – Dr. Lauren Carton, MD
Progressing past the baby food stage to solid food can be tricky to navigate, especially in new parents. Balancing the need for healthy foods with the threat of choking can be daunting…Loaded with tips, feeding guidelines, serving sizes, nutrition information, and suggested menus… – Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RDN, LD, Director of Nutrition for WebMD
Upon completion of this course, the user will be able to:
- Discuss the ideal duration and considerations for mother and baby for successful breastfeeding.
- Identify three ways to minimize picky eating and when it often begins to happen.
- Explain four ways to minimize having an infant choke while eating.
- List five common foods that are coking risks for an infant during self-feeding.
- Describe how and when possible allergic foods should be introduced to minimize having an allergic reaction.
- List three common symptoms of an allergic reaction in an infant or child.
- Describe three usual steps in baby-led weaning.
Why we chose this book
Malina Malkani, MS, RDN, CDN, has brought a topic of great interest to new mothers and other care-givers in the family. This book was suggested by one of our RDN customers.
About the author
Malina Malkani, MS, RDN, CDN, is a mother of three and owner of a nutrition lifestyle company and private practice (MalinaMalkani.com). She is a sought-after nutrition media consultant and expert.