Nutrition in Clinical Practice
Designed for busy clinicians wishing to fit nutrition into their routine patient encounters, this book translates the robust evidence base underlying nutrition in health and disease into actionable clinical guidance on a plethora of nutrition topics. Authoritative, thoroughly referenced, and fully updated, the revised 4th edition covers the full scope of nutrition applications in clinical practice, spanning health promotion, risk factor modification, prevention, chronic disease management, and weight control. Also, includes code for an eBook edition.
- Features short, easily digestible chapters with updated references.
- Includes updates throughout, as well as an expanded section on Contemporary Topics.
- Covers key topics such as the ketogenic diet, intermittent fasting, ultra-processed food, and strength of evidence assessment in nutrition.
- Provides data from recent nutritional studies, helpful nutrition data tables, clinically relevant formulas, and patient-specific meal planners.
- Addresses topics such as pregnancy and lactation, pediatric nutrition, athletic performance, health effects of specific foods, plant-based diets, and many more.
- Expert contributions from authors with diverse expertise and practical experience in medical education, clinical practice, and preventive medicine.
No magic bullets, no pseudo-science, just real, evidence-based guidance from leading MDs and nutrition experts around the world. – Amazon, Joseph C. 3/9/22