Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook, 6th Edition
New Edition! Written by one of the nation's top sports nutritionists, this book is totally updated and revised with latest information on timing meals for training & competition, protein vegetarian foods, supplements, organic foods, weight loss while maintaining muscle & strength, and building lean tissue. Learn about handling sports-related eating disorders and preparing for competition. 120+ pages of recipes and lots of resources for sports nutritionists. A new book edition counts as a new course.
Level 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 1.1.5, 1.3.4, 2.1.3, 4.2.7, 6.1.2, 6.2.5, 6.1.6, 8.1.2, 8.2.2, 8.3.2, 8.3.6
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon successful completion of this self-study course, the users will be able to:
1. Summarize the recommended nutrition guidelines for exercise for calories, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and fluids.
2. Assess clients’ nutritional needs while competing in various endurance and sprinting sport events.
3. Calculate clients’ nutritional needs while training with considerations toward fitness, making weight, and adequate fuel.
4. Determine appropriate therapy intervention for clients with weight and eating disorder issues.
5. Better identify people with special needs, and those at risk when competing in sports.
6. Identify two legal sports supplements known to improve performance.
Why we chose this book
Nancy is a popular speaker and very good writer with years of practical sports nutrition experience. She knows what sports dietitians need to know about this topic.
About the author
Nancy Clark, MS, RD, CSSD, is an internationally known sports nutritionist and nutrition author, who specializes in nutrition for exercise, health, and the nutritional management of eating disorders. Nancy has been a consultant to members of the Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, and Boston Breakers, as well as a variety of Olympic athletes.