The Hormone Cure 2021Reclaim Balance, Sleep, Sex Drive, Lose Weight, and Energize Naturally
Author is a Harvard Medical School trained physician and New York Times Bestselling author! Dr. Gottfried uses nutrition, exercise, and supplements to rebalance hormones through the lifecycle from a young woman through menopause. Covers low thyroid or progesterone, high androgen and cortisol levels, PMS, ovarian cysts, and hot flashes. Excellent resource!
Level 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.2.4, 3.2.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.2.6, 4.2.7, 6.1.2, 6.1.9, 6.2.5, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.1.5, 8.2.2, 8.3.1, 8.3.7, 10.1.1, 10.2.4, 10.2.11, 10.4.2, 10.4.4
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Discuss three lifestyle choices that improve a patient’s hormonal balance the most.
2. Identify one physiologic change resulting from an imbalance of the following hormones: high cortisol, low progesterone, excess androgens, and low thyroid.
3. Explain how genes can influence a woman’s ability to handle stress.
4. Describe how cortisol levels ideally change during the day and list two benefits of this cycle and two consequences when it is out of the norm.
5. Identify two supplements that can be beneficial for menopause symptoms.
6. Identify three foods or supplements that can affect PMS incidence or severity.
7. Explain how body fat, alcohol, and red meat affect chronic disease risk.
8. Identify the seed and its dosage that helps reduce hot flashes by 57 percent.
9. Describe how having higher androgen levels and polycystic ovarian symdrome (PCOS) increases a woman’s risk for type 2 diabetes.
10. Discuss three diet changes used to treat high androgens.
11. Describe three foods or chemicals that can interfere with thyroid function.
12. Define the term and list three keystone habits.
13. Describe the ideal preconception diet.
14. Describe the author’s nutrition guidelines for cancer prevention.
Why we chose this book
This book was highly recommended by dietitians who had read it. The book has great reviews and the author is highly qualified.
About the author
Sara Gottfried, MD, is a Harvard-educated physician and board-certified gynecologist who treats the root causes of problems, not just symptoms. She is also a yoga teacher. Her practice is in Berkeley, California.