The Thyroid Connection
A scientifically proven plan for preventing and reversing the full spectrum of thyroid issues, including hypothyroidism, Grave’s disease, and Hashimoto's thyroiditis. NY Times Bestselling author! Deep insight into the physiology, hormonal, and medical implications of thyroid function and dysfunction—and how to return balance using diet and lifestyle. Covers hyper- and hypothyroid conditions.
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (2010) Botanicals, phytochemicals
- (2020) Composition of foods, nutrient analysis
- (2050) Genetics
- (2060) Immunology
- (2070) Macronutrients: carbohydrate, fat, protein, fiber, water
- (2080) Microbiology, food toxicology
- (2090) Micronutrients: vitamins, minerals
- (2100) Nutritional biochemistry
- (2110) Physiology, exercise physiology
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (3005) Nutrition Diagnosis
- (3010) Assessment methodology
- (3060) Laboratory tests
- (3070) Pharmacological, drug/nutrient, herbal interaction
- (4000) Wellness and public health
- (4040) Disease prevention
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (5290) Metabolic disorders, Inborn errors
- (5370) Weight management, obesity
- (5420) Complimentary care, alternative therapies
Level 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 4.1.1, 6.1.2, 6.1.9, 8.1.1
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon completion of this course, user will be able to:
1. Explain the metabolic pathways where foods, nutrients, and poor diet influence the development of autoimmune thyroid problems.
2. Better recognize symptoms and diet patterns in their patients in order to make referrals to the appropriate medical practitioners.
3. Counsel patients on the latest nutrition therapies for diagnosed autoimmune thyroid diseases to control or reverse symptoms through food and lifestyle changes.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional
Dr. Myers is a traditionally trained physician who tried all therapies traditional medicine had to offer for her autoimmune, hyperthyroid Grave’s disease. She was determined to identify what factors contributed to her disease and found the answers in her food and lifestyle—and integrative/functional medicine therapies.