Salt Fat Acid Heat
New York Times Best Seller! Chosen Best Culinary Book of 2017 by over 19 publications. Learn how to master four simple elements to determine flavor, texture, and to balance flavor in order to make food delicious.
“Chef and writer, Samin Nosrat, has taught everyone from professional chefs to middle school kids to author Michael Pollan to cook using her revolutionary philosophy.” By learning how and why food tastes and cooks like it does, the author gives readers the tools to make the final dishes excellent.
America’s next great cooking teacher. Alice Waters, Chef
Dives into the four elements that make food taste great. April Bloomfield, James Beard Award-winning chef
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (8000) Food Service Systems and Culinary Arts
- (8015) Cultural/ethnic food and culinary practices
- (8018) Environmental, agricultural and technologic influences on food systems
- (8060) Culinary skills and techniques
- (8130) Sensory perception and evaluation of foods and ingredients
Level 1 & 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 8.3.7, 8.1.4, 8.4.2, 8.4.3
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Discuss the function of salt and how to determine how much, when, and how to solve an over-abundance.
2. Identify the functions of fat and how to determine how much, cooking methods, and how to solve an over-abundance.
3. Distinguish the function of acid and how to determine which one to use, how much, when, and how to solve an over-abundance.
4. Give three functions of heat and discuss how to determine how much, and four types of heating methods.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional
This highly qualified chef has organized her extensive information and culinary experience into an easy to use and fascinating book on the elements of cooking.