The Hormone Cure
Author is a Harvard Medical School trained physician and New York Times Bestselling author! Dr. Gottfried uses nutrition, exercise, and supplements to rebalance hormones through the lifecycle from a young woman through menopause. Covers low thyroid or progesterone, high androgen and cortisol levels, PMS, ovarian cysts, and hot flashes. Excellent resource!
Level 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 6.1.2, 8.1.5, 8.2.2, 10.2.4
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon completion of this course, the person will be able to:
1. Better assess the nutritional needs of patients while considering patients’ diagnosed hormonal imbalances.
2. Educate the patient on how hormones influence health and weight issues, and how to rebalance her health.
3. Apply the new physiological information on hormones and how different foods influence hormone levels.
4. Successfully rebalance both their own and patients’ weight, energy, and sleep through changes in lifestyle and diet.
5. Efficiently counsel patients and guide them as they work through the various phases of diet changes outlined to achieve weight loss.
Why we chose this book
This book was highly recommended by dietitians who had read it. The book has great reviews and the author is highly qualified.