Rising Above Lyme Disease
The CDC estimates that more than 300,000 Americans, especially in the Northeast states, are newly infected with Lyme Disease each year. If caught early, antibiotics can successfully treat it. But more commonly, Lyme is asymptomatic with the spirochetes evading diagnosis until it is a full-blown, often debilitating, chronic disease requiring deep-level health and environmental interventions. Lyme can have neurological, cardiac, psychological, and joint pain implications. Thoroughly researched and referenced.
This book is not only educational, but also inspiring, as Dr. Greenspan comes from the perspective of both a naturopathic doctor and recovered Lyme patient. Laura Piazza, author
Dr. Greenspan provides an easy to understand guide and overview of classical and natural therapies for those with tickborne illness. This book is a must read for those wanting to understand how to bridge the best of Western, Eastern, and natural approached. Dr. Richard Horowitz, MD, Lyme expert and NY Times author
Level 2 & 3 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 1.1.4, 2.1.1, 2.1.3, 4.1.2, 4.2.6, 6.2.5, 8.1.5, 8.3.6, 10.2.4
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Discuss the magnitude and rate of growth of Lyme infestation in the US/world.
2. Identify three known side effects of treating acute Lyme disease with antibiotics.
3. Distinguish five symptoms of chronic Lyme Disease from the initial symptoms after being bit.
4. Explain the pathophysiology of Lyme spirochetes in the progression of the disease.
5. List four ways persons infested with chronic Lyme can boost their immune systems.
6. List five supplements used to treat persons with Lyme.
7. Summarize six preventive measures a person can do to avoid contracting Lyme.
Why we chose this book
This highly qualified doctor has included the most current evidence-based research into a readable, interesting, ultimately hopeful text. This topic is timely and the book is credible.
About the author
Dr. Julia Greenspan, ND, practices in New Hampshire and has been treating patients with tick-borne disease for 10 years. She is a member of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS). She has a background in psychology and social work specializing in crisis management. She is a strong patient advocate, and popular speaker.