Originals 2021How Non-Conformists Move the World
An original thought-leader, Adam Grant, addresses the challenge of improving the world by becoming an “original,” championing new ideas and values that go against the grain, fighting groupthink, and bucking outdated traditions.
One of the most important and captivating books I have ever read, full of surprising and powerful ideas. Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook and author of Lean In
After launching hundreds of businesses—from airlines to trains, music to mobile, and now a spaceline—my biggest challenges and successes have come from convincing other people to see the world differently. Originals reveals how that can be done and will help you inspire creativity and change. Sir Richard Branson
Terrific writer—great research examples. 3/2020
Really made me look at my approaches to some challenging situations—and recognize the many different ways there are to bring about change. Opened my eyes to more successful ways to initiate change with my clients and in my community in relation to health & nutrition. 5/2020
This is one of the best books I have ever read for CEUs!! The author, Adam Grant, did an exceptional job in capturing my attention with the first page…My husband has a business and my daughter is a business major so it was fun sharing with them much of the information in the book. 11/2020
Level 1 & 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 1.1.1, 1.1.6, 1.2.1, 1.5.1, 2.1.3, 3.3.2
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon completion of this course, a person will be able to:
1. Discuss two unique features of the characteristic, originality, as it relates to achievement.
2. Explain why child prodigies and the status quo work against achievement.
3. Identify two best ways of finding the best ideas.
4. Identify which form of initiative will most likely be penalized by superiors.
5. Discuss three factors mainly responsible for success in business.
6. Describe two ways familiarity helps grow a concept.
7. Explain two reasons why “cultural fit” is important to a business.
8. Identify which kind of spokesperson conveys an idea best.
Why we chose this book
We need to encourage more of our peers to take risks and lead us into new nutrition and health horizons. This book will help provide a map.
About the author
An original thought-leader, Grant, addresses the challenge of improving the world by becoming an “original,” championing new ideas and values that go against the grain, fighting groupthink, and bucking outdated traditions.