Intuitive Eating, 4th Edition - Lay Facilitator Online Self-Study Course
Exciting new book and course by the original Intuitive Eating Pros! Over 500,000 copies sold since 1995! Worldwide credibility with over 1,350 Certified Intuitive Eating counselors. Use the Intuitive Eating counseling strategies to help your clients who have been chronic dieters to make peace with their food, rediscover the pleasures of enjoying mealtime and food, and free themselves from dieting forever. Over 140 evidence-based studies worldwide show the effectiveness of IE counseling.
Self-study 46 CE hours course includes: new 4 edition book & online test, workbook (2017), audio CDs, and two new webinars by the authors—on Intuitive Eating, eating disorders & psychology. All products are required to complete the online test. Course can be taken for just CE hours or used as the first step of the Certification. “Certified” professionals also need three coaching sessions and a tele-training course for separate fees. CE hours are not offered on webinars and other items sold alone. CDCES approved.
These recorded webinars are shared by EDRD Pro exclusively for this course. If you're interested in more continuing education webinars on eating disorders, disordered eating, and Intuitive Eating considerEDRD Pro Membership at .
To take the test, print a copy of the questions in (Online Test Login or within the testing site under Additional References) to use as you read the book and listen to the CDs/MP3s/webinars. Go online and fill in the answers. Course credit is given when the test is submitted and passed with 70% or higher grade. Because there are a few fill-in answers, it must be hand graded, which usually takes 2 business days. You will be sent an email when the test is graded; go to your online account to download a copy of your Certificate of Completion under Achievements. You must complete the Critical Thinking Evaluation after the Test Questions to receive credit. If you fail to pass, you can buy the test again.
Three Key Steps Towards IE Certification: (Join the select network with over 1,020 practitioners worldwide.)
Step 1. Helm Publishing's Online Course. Submit a copy of the Certificate to the IE office. $445
Step 2. Evelyn Tribole's IE PRO Webinar Training. See website: https://www.evelyntribole.com/product-category/ie-pro-webinars/ $395 to $425
Step 3. Three sessions of supervised coaching with either Elyse or Evelyn. Go to www.IntuitiveEating.org $375 to $600
Total Cost for Certification: $1,215 w/ group programs or $1,470 w/ individual supervision
*Prices subject to change.
Upon completion of this course, practitioners will be able to:
1. Explain how interoceptive awareness is associated with Intuitive Eating and why it is called a superpower.
2. Describe and give an example of the principle of Honor your health with gentle nutrition.
3. Identify which attitude research has shown that people must adopt to eat intuitively.
4. Clarify why once a person has lost a large amount of weight, their metabolism is still blunted and they cannot afford to take in as much energy as predicted for a person their new size.
5. Name the first and most important principle of Intuitive Eating, according to the authors.
6. Contrast a person’s thoughts and behaviors between stages 3 and 5 of becoming an Intuitive Eater.
7. Describe how neuropeptides affect our appetite, willpower, hunger cues, and moods.
8. Identify, according to cellular researchers Nicolaidis and Evan, which parameter generates a person’s hunger signal.
9. Compare how a person feels on the classic hunger scale when they are at two versus seven.
10. Contrast the words a person uses with the following eating voices: Food Police, Nutrition Informant, and Diet Rebel.
11. List three problems with a person trying to achieve perfection as it relates to eating and weight.
12. Counsel clients on three ways to increase their pleasure with eating.
13. Describe the research to clients and colleagues why using a person’s BMI is not a proxy indicator of health.
14. Give two reasons why nutrition is discussed last in the Intuitive Eating program.
15. Contrast three elements of American versus Italian eating habits that influence satisfaction and hunger.
16. Counsel parents and give three strategies on how to raise their children as intuitive eaters.
17. Describe four additional Intuitive Eating counseling strategies to use with patients with eating disorders.
18. List the three p’s of learning to be an Intuitive Eater and tell why each is important.
19. Define self-compassion and give three examples.
20. Identify the first step in respecting your body as outlined by the authors, and state two reasons it is important.
About the author
Evelyn Tribole, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S, is an international speaker and award-winning registered dietitian with a nutrition counseling practice in Newport Beach, CA. She was the nutrition expert on Good Morning America and a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics for six years.
Elyse Resch, MS, RDN, CEDRD-S, FAND, is a nutrition therapist in private practice in Beverly Hills, CA with over thirty-eight years of experience specializing in eating disorders, Intuitive Eating, and Health at Every Size.