CBD 2021: Guide to Medicinal CannabisHealing without the High
Excellent resource! Leinow has three decades of experience growing and studying medical cannabis. Considering the growing interest in this plant and its medicinal properties, including as an alternative to opioids for pain, we need to educate ourselves.
This is the go-to-guidebook for anyone wanting to learn about CBD. NLM, 2017
The most comprehensive publication on the science and therapeutic use of cannabinoids yet produced. Jeffrey Anderson, MD
Medical cannabis is revolutionizing the practice of medicine in America. On the forefront of that revolution is CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medicinal Cannabis, a must-read for health care practitioners and patients alike. Joel Samuels, MD
I absolutely loved this book! The test was perfect, I really learned a lot! M.R. 2/2020
I couldn’t put this book down! Fascinating, completely held my attention. I’ve already been sharing this info with family and co-workers at my clinic. R.R. 12/2020
Level 2 & 3 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 1.2.1, 1.3.3, 2.2.4, 3.2.2, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 4.2.6, 4.2.7, 6.1.2, 6.1.9, 6.2.5, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 8.1.5, 8.2.3, 8.3.1, 8.3.7, 10.1.1, 10.2.4, 10.2.11, 10.4.2, 10.4.4
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Identify the neurochemical that CBD makes more available thus becoming effective treatment.
2. Name the body organ with the largest number of CB1 receptors and which system has CB2 receptors.
3. Describe how the endocannabinoid system works in the human body.
4. Discuss one health function of each: limonene, linalool, and phellandrene.
5. Identify the delivery method for CBD with the highest bioavailability.
6. Compare and contrast characteristics and uses for: Sativex, Indica, AC/DC, and Dronabinol.
7. Discuss dosing ranges for micro and macro dosing of CBD, and the safest way to find the correct individual dose.
8. List three possible side effects to watch for especially when taking a product with THC.
9. Discuss benefits or risks for people taking CBD and the following diagnoses: insulin resistance, obesity, ADD/ADHD, opioid overdose rate, Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, skin cancer, multiple sclerosis, and seizures.
10. Describe under which circumstances or for which diagnoses, standard dose 20:1 CBD:THC ratio is used.
11. Identify three times in a woman’s life when treatment with CBD is especially effective.
12. Identify the cannabis strain used to treat pediatric seizure disorders.
13. Describe two current legal issues associated with CBD production and use.
Why we chose this book
This highly qualified grower and botanist has organized his extensive information, experience, and evidence-based research into a readable, interesting, hopeful text that readers will find thoroughly covers what we know today about CBD.
About the author
Leonard Leinow, founded Synergy Wellness with over 3,500 members, a not-for-profit medical cannabis collective in California. He is a specialist in CBD medicinal properties and a pioneer in this aspect of the industry.
Juliana Birnbaum, a cultural anthropologist, is a prolific writer who has lived and worked all over the world, including with tribal leaders in the Brazilian Amazon.