Cannabis: A Clinician's Guide
Next Step Clinical Course
Written for clinicians by a dietitian who first worked with cannabis in 1981 in India, this book helps you understand the endocannabinoid system in the body, plus efficacy, dosing, regulations. Includes use for neurological disorders, cancer, CV, liver function, mood disorders, and palliative care. It contains the most recent research. 18 contributing authors.
Level 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 4.1.2, 6.2.5, 8.1.5, 8.3.6, 10.2.4
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. List five known functions of CBD.
2. List four health uses or benefits of THC.
3. Identify three differences between CBD and THC.
4. Explain the four functions of the endocannabinoid system and how it works.
5. Discuss how CBD handles chronically high levels of inflammation.
Why we chose this book
This topic is of great interest to the public and thus health professionals must learn more about the pros & cons of CBD, THC, hemp, and the various methods of usage.
About the author
Betty Wedman-St. Louis, PhD, RDN specializes in digestive diseases, bariatric surgery, cancer, and multiple chemical sensitivity. She has been in practice over 40 years as a clinician, author, and instructor.