Medical Management of Type 1 Diabetes
This popular 7th edition is totally revised and updated with new authors and the latest guidelines for the comprehensive management of Type 1. Includes practical strategies to improve patient outcomes plus the latest developments in insulin administration, pump therapy, and CGM. Information on diabetes self-management education and support and psychosocial care.
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (4000) Wellness and public health
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (6000) Education, Training, and Counseling
- (9000) Research and Grants
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.1.3, 4.1.1, 4.1.2, 6.1.2
Upon successful completion of this self‐study course, the users will be able to:
1. Discuss the physiology of type 1 diabetes and how it can compromise health.
2. Identify the major signs and symptoms of type 1 diabetes.
3. Identify the target chemistries and insulin therapy deemed “ideal” by the DCCT study.
4. Discuss the various treatment changes recommended when a patient is ill, going through surgery or exercising.
5. Better assess the patients’ needs and eating habits to control type 1 diabetes.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional
We have a lot of requests for diabetes-related courses and this one has always been one of our best. Published by the American Diabetes Association, this resource keeps up with the newest advances in diabetes care for better patient outcomes.