- Poor or inappropriat nutrition can affect a child's behavior, sleep, learning, and focus, especially in a child with Autism Spectrum Disorders. This book helps identify gut issues and nutrition treatments; it teaches the elimination diet and family-friendly approach to nutrition intervention.
Best book on this topic! Written by Janice Vickerstaff Joneja, PhD, RDN, a widely known Canadian authority on food allergies and their treatment with thirty years of experience. It covers how to determine the offending foods, manage reactions; exploration of intolerances to chemicals and dyes in foods; pediatric food allergies, and emerging areas of research.
- Over 500,000 copies of this book have been sold! The author presents research and clinical experience to draw the link between physical and mental health, the foods and beverages we consume, and digestive health. She summarizes the biochemical connections with psychiatric and neurological disorders.
This book is a must-have for any health practitioner or patient with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity. It contains evidence-based research and over 3700 listed gluten-free foods by brand name. Shelley has been a popular speaker at the Academy’s annual convention. This is a myth-dispelling, easy to read, and comprehensive book on what we need to know and how to live with the diagnosis.
- One of the most popular speakers at the Academy’s annual convention, Dr. Fasano is the nation’s leading expert on celiac disease and gluten-related disorders. This is a myth-dispelling, easy to read, and comprehensive book on what we need to know and how to live with the diagnosis.
This book is the best one we could find on evidence-based integrative medicine. With over 140 contributing authors who are recognized as the best integrative and traditional practitioners in their respective fields, this book has detailed information on the therapies. Reader-friendly and extensively referenced with evidence-based research (available online).
- Dr. Martin Blaser, MD explains the problem with medicine’s overuse of antibiotics and the underappreciated human microbiome and its contribution to health and human disease. Missing microbes affects nutrient absorption, immune system function, and the risk for diabetes and obesity.
- This book explores the influence of nutrients or nutrient deficiencies on mental health through the current scientific literature on nutrition and addictions, aggression, depression, dementia, ASDs, and ADHD. Topics are as diverse as aging, brain physiology, eating studies, genetics, and psychology.
- Acclaimed nutrition text written by physicians with nutrition expertise for practicing clinicians. It is evidence-based nutrition therapy across the full expanse of health and disease. New data from hundreds of studies is included in this edition along with enhanced coverage of controversial topics. Also, includes an interactive eBook edition.
A scientifically proven plan for preventing and reversing the full spectrum of autoimmune diseases. Most people use medication to suppress their overactive immune systems, but there are natural, more effective ways!
Excellent book from the Australian dietitian and fellow researcher who created the low-FODMAP diet! They are world-renowned researchers on celiac and IBS. The book covers the physiology of GI issues, determining triggers, and teaches how to implement the low-FODMAP diet with menus and 180 pages of recipes.
- Fantastic resource! This reference covers everything an RDN needs to know about the gastrointestinal tract, including its anatomy, diagnostic methods, disease symptoms, and variations, as well as effects of diet and maintaining adequate nutrition. Very informative and fascinating! Best, most comprehensive book on nutrition and the gut we could find.