The Essential Cancer Treatment Nutrition Guide & Cookbook
Great resource for helping patients understand the various cancer treatments, as well as manage their side effects like anemia, cachexia, fatigue, insomnia, taste changes, food aversion, mouth sores, nausea, and wound healing. The book has sample menus, suggestions for food texture changes, comfort food ideas, and 150 recipes.
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (2010) Botanicals, phytochemicals
- (2020) Composition of foods, nutrient analysis
- (2030) Food preservation, additives, irradiation
- (2040) Food science, genetically modified food
- (2060) Immunology
- (2070) Macronutrients: carbohydrate, fat, protein, fiber, water
- (2080) Microbiology, food toxicology
- (2090) Micronutrients: vitamins, minerals
- (2100) Nutritional biochemistry
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (3005) Nutrition Diagnosis
- (3010) Assessment methodology
- (3020) Assessment of target groups, populations
- (3040) Food consumption, fluid balance
- (3050) Feeding, swallowing, dentition
- (3060) Laboratory tests
- (3070) Pharmacological, drug/nutrient, herbal interaction
- (3080) Physical: blood pressure, pulse, bowel sounds
- (3100) Supplemental nutrients, botanicals
- (4040) Disease prevention
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (5150) Cancer
- (5210) Dysphagia
- (5230) Hematological disorders, anemia
- (5420) Complimentary care, alternative therapies
- (8000) Food Service Systems and Culinary Arts
- (8090) Menu planning and development, nutrient analysis
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.1.3, 4.1.2, 6.1.2, 8.3.7
Upon successful completion of this self-study course, the users will be able to:
1. Discuss ten common side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments for cancer.
2. List five effective phytonutrients and their food sources.
3. Describe four ways foods can be altered to increase calories and nutrient density.
4. Better assess patients’ needs and determine appropriate nutrition therapy intervention.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional