Please note that this course expires 1-31-2019.
Over 125,000 copies sold! The best way to achieve physical and performance—safely, legally, and effectively. Updated supplement rating system and botanical guide. Reader-friendly and extensively referenced with evidence-based research. Susan Kleiner, PhD, RD, FACN, CNS has 30 years of experience in high-performance nutrition for top-level athletes.
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (2010) Botanicals, phytochemicals
- (2020) Composition of foods, nutrient analysis
- (2070) Macronutrients: carbohydrate, fat, protein, fiber, water
- (2090) Micronutrients: vitamins, minerals
- (2100) Nutritional biochemistry
- (2110) Physiology, exercise physiology
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (3030) Anthropometrics, body composition
- (3040) Food consumption, fluid balance
- (3050) Feeding, swallowing, dentition
- (3060) Laboratory tests
- (3070) Pharmacological, drug/nutrient, herbal interaction
- (3100) Supplemental nutrients, botanicals
- (4060) Exercise, fitness, and sports nutrition
- (5370) Weight management, obesity
- (8000) Food Service Systems and Culinary Arts
- (8090) Menu planning and development, nutrient analysis
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.1.3, 4.1.1, 6.1.2, 8.2.2
Upon completion of this course, the user will be able to:
1. Teach athletes how to apply the newest research on the neurobiology of food and how food influences the way the brain controls the athlete’s body and appetite.
2. Coach athletes in building lean muscle mass through better nutrition and training.
3. Counsel athletes to improve their bodies’ ability to detoxify and cleanse metabolites and toxins in order to operate maximally.
4. Design menus for the various needs of athletes in cross-training, fat loss, muscle building, and peak performance.
5. Advise athletes on muscle-building products, botanicals, and vitamins and mineral supplements.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional
The author is highly qualified and the topic is of supreme interest to all top level competitive athletes and the sports nutritionists who work with them.