- Bestselling, popular book! It’s a riveting mix of front-line science, medical advances, and lifestyle coaching to people with HIV and AIDS. Formerly death sentences, they are now considered chronic diseases with consistent medications, good healthy choices, and vigilant adherence.
- This book exposes the flawed logic behind promotion of dieting for sustainable weight loss. Based upon Dr. David Ludwig’s endocrinology and weight loss research at Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, readers learn how to better control hunger and retrain fat cell function.
N.Y. Times #1 Bestseller! It is time for a very serious discussion about how to change our entire dysfunctional U.S. healthcare system. Written by a Harvard trained physician who was a reporter for 22 years with the New York Times!
“An authoritative account of the distorted financial incentives that drive medical care in the U.S.” The Washington Post
- Very interesting book, evidence-based discussion on the earliest influences on how we learn to eat and why we choose and love the foods that we do. Important for counselors who want to understand and affect food choices of their clients and patients.
- Foremost book on food-drug interactions. 90 new drugs added with reference tables on lab values, potassium sources, grapefruit-drug, alcohol-drug, and many others. Reader-friendly and extensively referenced with evidence-based research. Emphasis on meal timing, foods to restore nutrients, gut issues, and foods to avoid.
This book is a must-have for any health practitioner or patient with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity. It contains evidence-based research and over 3700 listed gluten-free foods by brand name. Shelley has been a popular speaker at the Academy’s annual convention. This is a myth-dispelling, easy to read, and comprehensive book on what we need to know and how to live with the diagnosis.
Pre-order Helping Your Child with Extreme Picky Eating now! The course will be available by January 19, 2017.
Written by a family doctor specializing in childhood feeding and a speech pathologist, they teach counselors how to help families assure a child’s healthy nutrition and growth, while ending mealtime anxiety and stress. “Compassionate and child-centered advice from true feeding experts.” LS
- Proven effective interventions using mindfulness and acceptance for treating clients with disordered eating, body image, and weight. Research shows that traditional treatments are not always effective.
This book explains the proven, popular counseling approach, Motivational Interviewing (MI), and shows how to integrate it into present counseling interactions with clients. MI offers tools to help clients work through ambivalence and avoid quick-fixes and overcome barriers to change and maintain healthier habits. Sample dialogues show specific ways to improve conversations on movement and planning and eating better.
Updated with the latest scientific and evidence-based guidelines this guide is appropriate for both new and experienced practitioners. Excellent resource for working with patients at home, in the community, in public health, and long term care settings. Covers the unique chronic diseases, physiological changes, and nutritional needs of this aging population. The book offers 5 CPE hours from AND on top of the hours we offer.
Pre-order Originals now! The course will be available by January 26, 2017.
An original thought-leader, Grant, addresses the challenge of improving the world by becoming an “original,” championing new ideas and values that go against the grain, fighting groupthink, and bucking outdated traditions.
Outstanding sports resource! Totally updated with the newest research in food for sports, timing, peaking, and motivating athletes. Includes access to the eBook, resources, and newest ACSM/AND position statement.