100 Questions & Answers About HIV and AIDS
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (3070) Pharmacological, drug/nutrient, herbal interaction
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (5250) HIV/AIDS
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.1.3, 4.1.2, 6.1.2, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 10.2.4
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Explain the differences between HIV and AIDS and compare how the symptoms change as a person goes into AIDS.
2. Discuss five ways a person can contract HIV and three tests used to confirm the diagnosis.
3. Counsel giving more accurate and individualized nutritional care to patients with HIV or AIDS on how to change their nutrition choices to improve longevity and good health.
4. Help support HIV patients as they try to conceive and deliver a healthy HIV-free infant.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional