- This book exposes the flawed logic behind promotion of dieting for sustainable weight loss. Based upon Dr. David Ludwig’s endocrinology and weight loss research at Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, readers learn how to better control hunger and retrain fat cell function.
Excellent resource! Leinow has three decades of experience growing and studying medical cannabis. Considering the growing interest in this plant and its medicinal properties, including as an alternative to opioids for pain, we need to educate ourselves.
- Written by members of the Diabetes DPG. With the incidence of diabetes growing and our demographics changing, healthcare practitioners will need more competence in working with various cultures. This interesting book covers 15 different cultures.
This course covers practical issues and controversies in business ethics. Who decides what’s ethical? What do we watch out for? What responsibility do we have to our clients, patients, and colleagues?
Course includes an article and test, which can be in either paper or online format. For the online course, download the article PDF within My Account on www.helmpublishing.com or within Helm Publishing's testing system under Reference Materials after purchase.
- Very interesting book, evidence-based discussion on the earliest influences on how we learn to eat and why we choose and love the foods that we do. Important for counselors who want to understand and affect food choices of their clients and patients.
Sorry. The 18th edition book is out of print and the 19th edition is expected later this summer. Foremost book on food-drug interactions. 90 new drugs added with reference tables on lab values, potassium sources, grapefruit-drug, alcohol-drug, and many others. Reader-friendly and extensively referenced with evidence-based research. Emphasis on meal timing, foods to restore nutrients, gut issues, and foods to avoid.
New Edition! Totally updated!
Chernoff’s Geriatric Nutrition: The Health Professional’s Handbook, 4th edition, is an authoritative guide on the role of nutrition in the maintenance of health as a person ages, in the management and prevention of chronic conditions, and the treatment of serious illness in the older person.
This book is a must-have for any health practitioner or patient with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity. It contains evidence-based research and over 3700 listed gluten-free foods by brand name. Shelley has been a popular speaker at the Academy’s annual convention. This is a myth-dispelling, easy to read, and comprehensive book on what we need to know and how to live with the diagnosis.
- One of the most popular speakers at the Academy’s annual convention, Dr. Fasano is the nation’s leading expert on celiac disease and gluten-related disorders. This is a myth-dispelling, easy to read, and comprehensive book on what we need to know and how to live with the diagnosis.
Prices shown reflect the discounted price. These products are not included in seasonal or coupon sales, as they are already discounted.
#1 National Bestseller! Known for his candor and common sense, Dr. Weil discusses the science behind aging and the lifestyle guidelines for keeping an aging body healthier. Learn more about the anti-inflammatory diet as it relates to aging and chronic diseases.
Revised test! The Healthy Aging test has now been changed to all objective questions! Customers who purchsed the earlier version with fill-in-the-blank questions can receive this new version by calling the office at 877-560-6025. The book remains the same.
Written by a family doctor specializing in childhood feeding and a speech pathologist, they teach counselors how to help families assure a child’s healthy nutrition and growth, while ending mealtime anxiety and stress.
“Compassionate and child-centered advice from true feeding experts.” LS
- This book first pioneered the idea that hormones play a key role in weight loss and control. The author uses a “how-to” approach on balancing hormones backed by research on the gut, brain, and body fat. Very interesting reading.