Type 2 Diabetes Medical Management, 7th Ed. (CHES)
Written by Charles F. Burant, MD, PhD, a specialist in the management of Type II Diabetes and metabolic syndromes and Laura A. Young, MD, PhD, eds. for the American Diabetes Association.
Totally updated health care professional guide! This book covers diagnosis, pathogenesis, tools of therapy, nutrition, behavior change, and detection and treatment of complications. Also explores special needs in: gestational diabetes, sports, youth, and pharmacological, hospitalization and chronic problems. Thorough discussion of the topics. For inpatient or outpatient counseling.
This new edition has been expanded into a 25 hour course, along with the 15 hour course.
Helm Publishing, Inc. is a designated provider of continuing education clock hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Provider #114228. After passing your online exam, print a copy of your Certificate of Completion in the “Accomplishments” testing site tab. Exams received or completed online by Dec 31st, March 31st, June 30th, and Sept 30th are reported to NCHEC by the 15th of the following month. All courses are Category 1.
1.4.3 Identify factors that enhance or compromise health
2.5.1 Identify factors that foster or hinder implementation
3.2.2 Assess progress in achieving objectives
7.2.2 Tailor messages to priority populations
After this course, participants will be able to:
1. Determine appropriate nutritional intervention for clients with Type 2 diabetes.
2. Discuss the physiology of type 2 diabetes and how it can compromise health.
3. Identify the major signs and symptoms of type 2 diabetes.
4. Identify the target chemistries and therapy deemed “ideal” by the ADA.
5. Discuss the various treatment changes recommended when a patient is ill, going through surgery or exercising.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional