Real food for Gestational Diabetes (CHES)
Gestational diabetes rates continue to rise. This book and its menus and recipes teach readers how to better control blood sugar naturally with a low carbohydrate, high protein, calorie-dense diet. The author walks readers through the physiology of gestational diabetes, its possible consequences for mother and infant, and the other nutrients that may be low or compromised. Reader-friendly and extensively referenced with evidence-based research.
Helm Publishing, Inc. is a designated provider of continuing education clock hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Provider #114228. After passing your online exam, print a copy of your Certificate of Completion in the “Accomplishments” testing site tab. Exams received or completed online by Dec 31st, March 31st, June 30th, and Sept 30th are reported to NCHEC by the 15th of the following month. All courses are Category 1.
1.4.3 Identify factors that enhance or compromise health
2.5.1 Identify factors that foster or hinder implementation
3.2.2 Assess progress in achieving objectives
7.2.2 Tailor messages to priority populations
After this course, participants will be able to:
1. Determine appropriate nutritional intervention for pregnant clients with gestational diabetes.
2. Discuss three benefits of a mild ketogenic diet for women with gestational diabetes not achieved through more liberal carbohydrate diets.
3. Intervene on behalf of women with gestational diabetes and their fetus, and act as a nutrition resource for patients and other health professionals.
4. Better assess patients’ needs and determine appropriate nutrition therapy intervention.
5. Counsel patients on a diet with decreased carbohydrate, proportionately higher protein, calorie-dense foods, added exercise, and regular blood sugar checks to establish better diabetes control during pregnancy with the goals of a healthy mother and infant with fewer complications.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional