- Poor or inappropriat nutrition can affect a child's behavior, sleep, learning, and focus, especially in a child with Autism Spectrum Disorders. This book helps identify gut issues and nutrition treatments; it teaches the elimination diet and family-friendly approach to nutrition intervention.
- Very interesting book, evidence-based discussion on the earliest influences on how we learn to eat and why we choose and love the foods that we do. Important for counselors who want to understand and affect food choices of their clients and patients.
Best book on this topic! Written by Janice Vickerstaff Joneja, PhD, RDN, a widely known Canadian authority on food allergies and their treatment with thirty years of experience. It covers how to determine the offending foods, manage reactions; exploration of intolerances to chemicals and dyes in foods; pediatric food allergies, and emerging areas of research.
- Over 500,000 copies of this book have been sold! The author presents research and clinical experience to draw the link between physical and mental health, the foods and beverages we consume, and digestive health. She summarizes the biochemical connections with psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- One of the most popular speakers at the Academy’s annual convention, Dr. Fasano is the nation’s leading expert on celiac disease and gluten-related disorders. This is a myth-dispelling, easy to read, and comprehensive book on what we need to know and how to live with the diagnosis.
Written by a family doctor specializing in childhood feeding and a speech pathologist, they teach counselors how to help families assure a child’s healthy nutrition and growth, while ending mealtime anxiety and stress.
“Compassionate and child-centered advice from true feeding experts.” LS
This book is the best one we could find on evidence-based integrative medicine. With over 140 contributing authors who are recognized as the best integrative and traditional practitioners in their respective fields, this book has detailed information on the therapies. Reader-friendly and extensively referenced with evidence-based research (available online).
- Acclaimed nutrition text written by physicians with nutrition expertise for practicing clinicians. It is evidence-based nutrition therapy across the full expanse of health and disease. New data from hundreds of studies is included in this edition along with enhanced coverage of controversial topics. Also, includes an interactive eBook edition.
Prices shown reflect the discounted price. These products are not included in seasonal or coupon sales, as they are already discounted.
PCOS is the most complex and common endocrine disorder among women of childbearing age. This book explains the physiology, symptoms, evidence-based therapies and lifestyle changes needed to improve a woman’s quality of life.
New Edition! Excellent resource for counselors since 1999. Totally updated, this popular training manual is for counselors of clients with eating disorders. There are 16 pre-planned therapy sessions for use with individuals or groups, along with the 72 pages of camera-ready patient education forms.
If your purchase includes the manual with handouts (#1570 or #1572), you will receive a link to our Online Testing System to download the Winning the War Within Handouts PDF after you place your order. Sign into our Online Testing System, navigate to the Winning the War Within course, and download the Client Sessions Handouts under Additional References.