Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook (CHES)
Written by one of the nation's top sports nutritionists, this 5th edition book is totally updated and revised with latest information on overhydration, timing meals for training & competition, supplements, organic foods, weight loss while maintaining muscle & strength, bypass surgery in athletes, and building lean tissue. Learn about handling sports-related eating disorders and preparing for competition. 100+ pages of recipes and lots of resources for sports nutritionists. A new book edition counts as a new course.
Helm Publishing, Inc. is a designated provider of continuing education clock hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Provider #114228. After passing your online exam, print a copy of your Certificate of Completion in the “Accomplishments” testing site tab. Exams received or completed online by Dec 31st, March 31st, June 30th, and Sept 30th are reported to NCHEC by the 15th of the following month. All courses are Category 1.
1.4.3 Identify factors that enhance or compromise health
2.5.1 Identify factors that foster or hinder implementation
3.2.2 Assess progress in achieving objectives
After this course, participants will be able to:
1. Educate athletes on the nutrition guidelines for exercise, especially calories, carbohydrates, and fluids.
2. Discuss the nutrition guidelines for exercise, especially for calories, carbohydrates, and fluids.
3. Better assess clients’ nutritional needs while training and competing in sport events.
4. Better determine appropriate therapy intervention for clients with weight and eating disorder issues.
5. Better identify people with special needs, and those at risk when competing in sports.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional