Intuitive Eating - 37 CE Hour Online Course
Popular Worldwide! Online Test Revised 2016
This is a 37 CE hour self-study online course. The book, workshop & audio CDs are all required to complete the online test. The Intuitive Eating book, workshop MP3s, and audio book are created by the original Intuitive Eating Pros. You can take this course just for continuing education hours or use it as Step One in achieving the Intuitive Eating Certification.
To take the test, print a copy of the questions to use as you read the book and listen to the CDs. Go online and fill in the answers. Course credit is given when the test is submitted. Because there are a few fill-in answers, it must hand graded, which usually takes 2 business days. You will be sent an email when the test is graded; go to your online account to download a copy of your Certificate of Completion. If you fail to pass, you can buy the test again.
Three Key Steps Towards IE Certification: (Join the select network with over 600 practitioners, worldwide.)
Step 1. Helm Publishing's Online Course. Submit a copy of the Certificate to the IE office. $325
Step 2. Evelyn Tribole's IE PRO Teleseminar Training. See website: http://bit.ly/IEPROteleseminar $345 to $385
Step 3. Three sessions of supervised coaching with either Elyse or Evelyn. $300 to $510. Go to www.IntuitiveEating.org
Total Cost for Certification: $980 w/ group programs or $1240 w/ individual supervision
- (4000) Wellness and public health
- (4040) Disease prevention
- (4060) Exercise, fitness, and sports nutrition
- (4090) Health behaviors: smoking cessation, stress management
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (5200) Disordered eating
- (5370) Weight management, obesity
- (5400) Case management
- (5410) Client protocols, clinical guidelines
- (5460) Self-care management
- (6000) Education, Training, and Counseling
- (6010) Behavior change theories, techniques
- (6020) Counseling, therapy, and facilitation skills
- (6030) Education theories and techniques for adults
- (6040) Education theories and techniques for children and adolescents
- (6050) Instructional materials development
- (6060) Learning needs assessment, learning plan development, and evaluation
- (6070) Interviewing and listening skills
- (6080) Training, coaching, and mentoring
- (7000) Business and Management
- (7070) Entrepreneurship, private practice
Level 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.1.3, 2.1.8, 4.1.2, 10.2.4
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon successful completion of this self-study course, the users will be able to:
1. Discuss six negative consequences of dieting to lose weight.
2. Discuss five benefits of becoming an intuitive eater.
3. Identify four mental health problems most commonly seen in people who chronically diet or severely limit caloric intake.
4. Better assess patients in order to help them become intuitive eaters.
5. Offer more effective counseling strategies to help people make peace with food.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional
Intuitive Eating was first coined by Evelyn and Elyse with the introduction of their first book, now its a world-wide concept. This certification trains other health professionals in this interesting therapy and adds people who pass the course to a referral registry. Very popular course!