Ethics, Private Practice, and Social Media: 1 Hour Mini Course
- (1000) Professional skills
- (1050) Ethics
- (1070) Leadership, critical and strategic thinking
- (7070) Entrepreneurship, private practice
- (7110) Legal issues, malpractice
Level 1 Suggested Performance Indicators: 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.4, 1.1.5, 2.1.8
Upon completion of this course, the reader will be able to:
1. Identify three reasons how being ethical helps grow and maintain a nutrition-related business.
2. Counsel clients and patients with more assuredness that their actions and words are ethical and meet the Academy’s/CDR’s Code of Ethics.
3. List five unethical practices that leave a practitioner open for a professional inquiry.
4. Define conflict of interest and give two business-related examples.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional