Ethics, Private Practice, and Social Media: 1 Hour Mini Course
This course covers practical issues and controversies in business ethics. Who decides what’s ethical? What do we watch out for? What responsibility do we have to our clients, patients, and colleagues?
- (1000) Professional skills
- (1050) Ethics
- (1070) Leadership, critical and strategic thinking
- (7070) Entrepreneurship, private practice
- (7110) Legal issues, malpractice
Level 1 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.4, 1.1.5, 2.1.8
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon completion of this course, the reader will be able to:
1. Identify three reasons how being ethical helps grow and maintain a nutrition-related business.
2. Counsel clients and patients with more assuredness that their actions and words are ethical and meet the Academy’s/CDR’s Code of Ethics.
3. List five unethical practices that leave a practitioner open for a professional inquiry.
4. Define conflict of interest and give two business-related examples.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional