How Not to Die
Wealth of nutrition science! The author, Michael Greger, MD, maintains a huge database of nutrition studies for his website, NutritionFacts.org, and this book condenses that data into healthy eating guidelines. The book has 134 pages of references that support his recommendations behind the diet that prevents and reverses many of the causes of disease-related death.
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (2020) Composition of foods, nutrient analysis
- (2070) Macronutrients: carbohydrate, fat, protein, fiber, water
- (2110) Physiology, exercise physiology
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (3005) Nutrition Diagnosis
- (3010) Assessment methodology
- (3020) Assessment of target groups, populations
- (3040) Food consumption, fluid balance
- (3090) Screening parameters, methodology, and surveillance
- (4000) Wellness and public health
- (4010) Community intervention, monitoring, and evaluation
- (4020) Community program development
- (4030) Dietary guidelines, DRIs, Food Guide Pyramid, food labeling
- (4080) Government-funded Food & Nutrition Programs
- (4100) Social Marketing
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (5200) Disordered eating
- (5350) Substance abuse, alcoholism
- (5370) Weight management, obesity
- (5410) Client protocols, clinical guidelines
- (5460) Self-care management
Level 2 CPE
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.1.3, 4.4.1, 4.1.2, 6.1.2
CPE Type: 720 for Printed/Paper Tests, 740 for Web-based/Online Tests
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Identify and debunk patients’ and other professionals’ misperceptions about nutrition myths and diet guidelines.
2. Discuss the major nutrition influences that promote health and longevity.
3. Better assess patients’ and clients’ present eating habits and medical diagnoses to determine health risks and contributing factors.
4. Identify ways to help clients eat nutritiously and make healthier food choices.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional
This book brings new awareness to dietitians about the volume of nutrition research world-wide that shows which foods or nutrients delay or reverse illness.