Food Allergies and Intolerances
Best book available on this topic! It covers how to determine the offending foods, manage reactions; exploration of intolerances to chemicals and dyes in foods; pediatric food allergies, and emerging areas of research.
Course Expiration Date
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (2010) Botanicals, phytochemicals
- (2020) Composition of foods, nutrient analysis
- (2040) Food science, genetically modified food
- (2050) Genetics
- (2060) Immunology
- (2070) Macronutrients: carbohydrate, fat, protein, fiber, water
- (2080) Microbiology, food toxicology
- (2090) Micronutrients: vitamins, minerals
- (2100) Nutritional biochemistry
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (3005) Nutrition Diagnosis
- (3010) Assessment methodology
- (3020) Assessment of target groups, populations
- (3040) Food consumption, fluid balance
- (3060) Laboratory tests
- (3070) Pharmacological, drug/nutrient, herbal interaction
- (4000) Wellness and public health
- (4040) Disease prevention
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (5070) Pediatrics
- (5110) Allergies, sensitivities
- (5120) Autoimmune diseases, arthritis, lupus
- (5220) Gastrointestinal disorders
- (5410) Client protocols, clinical guidelines
- (6000) Education, Training, and Counseling
- (6020) Counseling, therapy, and facilitation skills
- (8000) Food Service Systems and Culinary Arts
- (8090) Menu planning and development, nutrient analysis
Suggested Performance Indicators: 6.1.2, 8.1.2, 8.2.3, 10.2.4
Upon completion of this course, people will be able to:
- Better assess their patients’ eating habits and food records looking for possible food allergens, intolerance, or sensitivities.
- Successfully guide patients on an elimination diet, so patients feel informed and supported during the process.
- Apply knowledgeable judgment when assessing the patients’ possible intolerances or sensitivities against the common and not so common possibilities.
- Create an effective diet and menu plan for a patient to live on keeping in mind food and cultural preferences, along with allergens and insensitivities.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional
Why we chose this book
It’s the best review of the newest research on this topic!