Essentials of Pediatric Nutrition
Covers the core best-practice guidelines on the most vital pediatric nutrition information from preconception through adolescence as well as diseases/conditions affecting nutritional status. Abbreviated version of Pediatric Nutrition, 4th ed.
- (1000) Professional skills
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (4000) Wellness and public health
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (6000) Education, Training, and Counseling
Suggested Performance Indicators: 8.1.2, 8.1.5, 9.6.1, 10.2.4
Upon successful completion of this self-study course, the users will be able to:
1. Discuss the nutrition guidelines associated with normal growth and development of a child from preconception through adolescence.
2. Identify the factors that negatively and positively affect a child's or family's ability to make healthy decisions, choose physical activities, and control weight.
3. Better determine appropriate medical nutrition therapy intervention for children with diseases, injuries, genetic disorders, and weight issues.
4. Provide resources to clients to aid their efforts in improving nutrition intake.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Registered Nurse (RN)