Endurance Sports Nutrition, 3rd Edition
Prices shown reflect the discounted price. These products are not included in seasonal or coupon sales, as they are already discounted.
This course covers short-range events up to ultraendurance biking, running, swimming, rowing events, as well as competing in extreme heat or cold or at high altitude. Special discussions cover timing for peak performance, using supplements, meal planning, the vegetarian endurance diet, and competing in multiday or multi-leg events. The book contains practical information from the author and numerous interviewed athletes. Wonderful course on the fluid, food, calorie, and nutrient needs of endurance and ultraendurance athletes written by a former elite runner and sports dietitian, Suzanne Girard Eberle, MS, RDN, CSSD.
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (2070) Macronutrients: carbohydrate, fat, protein, fiber, water
- (2110) Physiology, exercise physiology
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (3030) Anthropometrics, body composition
- (3100) Supplemental nutrients, botanicals
- (4000) Wellness and public health
- (4060) Exercise, fitness, and sports nutrition
- (4110) Vegetarianism
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (5420) Complimentary care, alternative therapies
Suggested Performance Indicators: 6.1.2, 6.1.6, 8.1.2, 8.2.2
Upon completion, users will be able to:
1. Discuss the nutrition guidelines for endurance exercise in extreme environments.
2. Better identify people with limitations, needs, and those at risk when competing in endurance sports.
3. Better assess clients’ nutritional needs while training and competing in endurance events.
4. Better determine appropriate therapy intervention for clients with diabetes, cardiac and weight issues.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
Suzanne Girard Eberle, MS, RDN, CSSD, is a sports dietitian and former elite runner with a good writing style, interest in practical information, and personal experience as both an athlete and consultant to athletes who compete in endurance and ultraendurance sports.