Prices shown reflect the discounted price. These products are not included in seasonal or coupon sales, as they are already discounted.
This book, by Jeffrey Bland, PhD, the guru of functional medicine and other practicing experts, explains in simple biological and nutritional terms, what functional nutrition is, and how it works.
- Written by members of the Diabetes DPG. With the incidence of diabetes growing and our demographics changing, healthcare practitioners will need more competence in working with various cultures. This interesting book covers 15 different cultures.
This is a practical guide specifically for athletes of all ages with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Features up-to-date information with more than 100 sport-specific training guidelines for fitness, endurance, power, and outdoor activities.
- One of the best books you will ever read on the science and practical advice on how to increase the phytonutrients in your diet from fruits and vegetables. “Highly recommended reading for all who are health conscious.” –Andrew Weil, MD “Only Michael Pollan would come close to her superbly researched work.” –Bill Kurtis, TV Journalist
Covers the core best-practice guidelines on the most vital pediatric nutrition information from preconception through adolescence as well as diseases/conditions affecting nutritional status. Abbreviated version of Pediatric Nutrition, 4th ed.
New Edition! Totally updated!
Chernoff’s Geriatric Nutrition: The Health Professional’s Handbook, 4th edition, is an authoritative guide on the role of nutrition in the maintenance of health as a person ages, in the management and prevention of chronic conditions, and the treatment of serious illness in the older person.
- This book first pioneered the idea that hormones play a key role in weight loss and control. The author uses a “how-to” approach on balancing hormones backed by research on the gut, brain, and body fat. Very interesting reading.
Wealth of nutrition science! The author, Michael Greger, MD, maintains a huge database of nutrition studies for his website, NutritionFacts.org, and this book condenses that data into healthy eating guidelines. The book has 134 pages of references that support his recommendations.
- Virtually all patients with diabetes can improve glycemic control through intensive management. Following the personalized treatment is complex, but studies have shown it to be very effective in avoiding or controlling side effects and thus today, it is commonly used in diabetes care.
Part of Helm Publishing's Online Mini Course Series
Jim May, founder and owner of SweetLeaf® Stevia, was a pioneer in the natural food and herbal markets with the importation and marketing of stevia. Read about the history of stevia and the challenges in bringing it to Americans.
- Dr. Martin Blaser, MD explains the problem with medicine’s overuse of antibiotics and the underappreciated human microbiome and its contribution to health and human disease. Missing microbes affects nutrient absorption, immune system function, and the risk for diabetes and obesity.
New edition now available! Totally updated! Excellent resource for working in hospitals, nursing homes, and public health. Covers the unique physiological changes and nutritional needs of this aging population.