- This book exposes the flawed logic behind promotion of dieting for sustainable weight loss. Based upon Dr. David Ludwig’s endocrinology and weight loss research at Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, readers learn how to better control hunger and retrain fat cell function.
- Written by members of the Diabetes DPG. With the incidence of diabetes growing and our demographics changing, healthcare practitioners will need more competence in working with various cultures. This interesting book covers 15 different cultures.
- One of the best books you will ever read on the science and practical advice on how to increase the phytonutrients in your diet from fruits and vegetables. “Highly recommended reading for all who are health conscious.” –Andrew Weil, MD “Only Michael Pollan would come close to her superbly researched work.” –Bill Kurtis, TV Journalist
Highly requested book! Dr. Daphne Miller visited farms and a vintner to learn about how the ecology of our food supply is intrinsically linked to the ecology of our bodies. Fascinating nutrition reading!
- Very interesting book, evidence-based discussion on the earliest influences on how we learn to eat and why we choose and love the foods that we do. Important for counselors who want to understand and affect food choices of their clients and patients.
Best book on this topic! Written by Janice Vickerstaff Joneja, PhD, RDN, a widely known Canadian authority on food allergies and their treatment with thirty years of experience. It covers how to determine the offending foods, manage reactions; exploration of intolerances to chemicals and dyes in foods; pediatric food allergies, and emerging areas of research.
This book is a must-have for any health practitioner or patient with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity. It contains evidence-based research and over 3700 listed gluten-free foods by brand name. Shelley has been a popular speaker at the Academy’s annual convention. This is a myth-dispelling, easy to read, and comprehensive book on what we need to know and how to live with the diagnosis.
- One of the most popular speakers at the Academy’s annual convention, Dr. Fasano is the nation’s leading expert on celiac disease and gluten-related disorders. This is a myth-dispelling, easy to read, and comprehensive book on what we need to know and how to live with the diagnosis.
- We have all heard what the GM companies have told us about environmental and food safety using GMOs, now read the evidence-based research collected by top researchers with decades of experience in the GMO field.
Pre-order Helping Your Child with Extreme Picky Eating now! The course will be available by January 19, 2017.
Written by a family doctor specializing in childhood feeding and a speech pathologist, they teach counselors how to help families assure a child’s healthy nutrition and growth, while ending mealtime anxiety and stress. “Compassionate and child-centered advice from true feeding experts.” LS
A New York Times bestselling book! Every health professional needs to read this well researched book! What has happened to our food quality, diet, and culture in the past two generations? A look at processed food, research and journalism.
Revised test! The In Defense of Food test has now been changed to all objective questions! Customers who purchsed the earlier version with fill-in-the-blank questions can receive this new version by calling the office at 877-560-6025. The book remains the same.
Outstanding sports resource! Totally updated with the newest research in food for sports, timing, peaking, and motivating athletes. Includes access to the eBook, resources, and newest ACSM/AND position statement.