100 Questions & Answers About Sports Nutrition & Exercise (CHES)
An interesting book for the nutrition professional who really wants to understand exercise physiology and sports nutrition. It contains very practical and effective advice for the serious athlete and health practitioner. Authors have 28 years of experience working with athletes, including at the U.S. Naval Academy, NASA, the Blue Angels and Navy Seals. Excellent resource for novices and world-class athletes.
Helm Publishing, Inc. is a designated provider of continuing education clock hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Provider #114228. After passing your online exam, print a copy of your Certificate of Completion in the “Accomplishments” testing site tab. Exams received or completed online by Dec 31st, March 31st, June 30th, and Sept 30th are reported to NCHEC by the 15th of the following month. All courses are Category 1.
1.4.3 Identify factors that enhance or compromise health
2.5.1 Identify factors that foster or hinder implementation
3.2.2 Assess progress in achieving objectives
After this course, users will be able to:
1. Educate athletes on the nutritional guidelines for exercise, especially calories, carbohydrates, and fluids.
2. Assess clients' nutritional needs while training and competing in sports.
3. Discuss what is known about the physiology of the body during amateur and high-level training and competition.
4. Identify ways to use food and nutrients to help athletes improve or maintain strength, endurance, stamina, and energy.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional