100 Q&A About HIV and AIDS
Bestselling, popular book by a specialist in HIV medical care! It’s a riveting mix of front-line science, medical advances, and lifestyle coaching to people with HIV and AIDS. Formerly death sentences, they are now considered chronic diseases with consistent medications, good healthy choices, and vigilant adherence.
- (2000) Science of food and nutrition
- (3000) Nutrition assessment & Diagnosis
- (3070) Pharmacological, drug/nutrient, herbal interaction
- (5000) Medical Nutrition Therapy
- (5250) HIV/AIDS
Suggested Performance Indicators: 2.1.3, 4.1.2, 6.1.2, 8.1.1, 8.1.2, 10.2.4
Upon successful completion, the users will be able to:
1. Explain the differences between HIV and AIDS and compare how the symptoms change as a person goes into AIDS.
2. Discuss five ways a person can contract HIV and three tests used to confirm the diagnosis.
3. Counsel giving more accurate and individualized nutritional care to patients with HIV or AIDS on how to change their nutrition choices to improve longevity and good health.
4. Help support HIV patients as they try to conceive and deliver a healthy HIV-free infant.
- Registered Dietitian (RD/RDN)
- Dietetics Technician Registered (DTR/NDTR)
- Integrative & Functional Nutrition Academy Professional
This book brings new awareness to health professionals about HIV and AIDS. It explains which factors in medical and nutritional intervention greatly influence a person’s span of health in an easy to read question and answer format.